Saturday, January 16, 2010

Admitting to douchbaggery...

So I kinda fell on the Rob Liefeld is a bad artist train for a bit. And then I started to get interested in who this guy was that I was saying was a bad artist (a good deal better than myself though), and found out that he was a really sweet guy with a great smile.

I feel like a douchebag, and rightfully so. Also, Rob has really tightened up his art game a lot in the last few years. He can draw feet. He handles some okay layouts. The guy may not be the greatest comic book artist of all time, but he's not as bad as he once was.

That said Rob had some issue with Shatterstar (an X-Force creation of his) being outed as gay in the pages of X-Factor.

"As the guy that created, designed and wrote his first dozen appearances, Shatterstar is not gay. Sorry. Can't wait to someday undo this... Shatterstar is akin to Maximus in Gladiator. He's a warrior, a Spartan, and not a gay one."

I'm not too into that. Let people have sex with whomever they want, even fictional people.

Here is a fairly in depth article from Pink Krytonite:
http://www.pinkkryptonite.com/2009/07/rob_liefeld_cant_wait_to_degay.html

No comments:

Post a Comment