Monday, February 8, 2010

Comic Book Confidential

Watched a documentary today by the name of Comic Book Confidential and I have to say it was interesting to see Art Spieglman talk about Maus while it was being made, Jack Kirby talking with his rough New Yorker accent, and Frank Miller with huge long hair.

As a Torontonian it was interesting the see local comic shop the Silver Snail in the eighties. I find it interesting how much Canadians figure into the comic scene. We have a pretty damned good roster of talent from here: Dave Sim, Darwyn Cooke, Chris Bachalo, Pia Guerra, Francis Manapul, Todd McFarlane, Dale Keown, Seth, Carey Nord, Ty Templeton, and more.

I digress though. The movie was solid, and I got a little more info on the background of an industry that I'm enamored with at the moment. And Harvey Pekar, I totally have to look you up. You amuse me to no end.

No comments:

Post a Comment