Thursday, February 17, 2011

Do I Procrastinate?


I'm listening to the Mindscape of Alan Moore on Youtube at the moment. I'm distracted because he is speaking with that molasses mouth of his about some rather interesting things. Most of them are about comics, but he still has some interesting insight.

I can't read his Neonomicon because there is too much creature rape in it, and I thought perhaps I would close the book on being curious about Alan. Thing is, he has some insight into the industry that just may be useful at some point.

Then there is the magic. Which is slightly interesting.

But I'm not here to write about that. I am here to write about that which is horrid to the writer, procrastinating. I think that I'm not much of a procrastinator, but I am a social network junkie. I am always trying my best to spread the word about Foreign Matter, so I don't think that is always a bad thing. I have a day job and work a lot, so the writing is done on days off, but there is only a page or two of script a day.

I know that there is progress, but I still feel guilty (Sorry Alan is talking about a brain, penis, blood ratio, it is hard to concentrate). All in all it is hard to get writing done when there are other things going on.

So...

Isolate.

Turn off everything.

AND WRITE.

No comments:

Post a Comment