Sunday, February 13, 2011

Wow, things have come so far.


Just read my initial blog "manifesto". Find an artist and find someone to publish us. Yeah, I did that. It has been over a year since I started with throwing my ideas out into space (cyber) and letting them rattle around for all three people that read this (maybe less). I cannot tell you how proud I am to be in the position that I am. You can make something out of nothing. You can follow your dreams, and you can be quasi-successful in a short period of time.

Thing is we haven't even gotten to the meat of the story. I remember when I first started this up, I was scouring the internet for resources so that I could learn to properly script, make sure things were pro (they don't need to be because I am my own editor, but practice makes perfect), and make sure an artist didn't laugh in my face.

I had a lot of help from the boys a digital webbing , and penciljack. They read my shit, and a few of them were nice to me, giving me critiques that were constructive and all the rest. There was one asshole artist on the page that kept replying to my artist wanted ads and than telling me my stuff was shit, and he would never want to draw it. Well, guess what, that opened up the door for letting the remarkable German Ponce into my life. What a boon. I also learned to pay for artwork. Artists should not have to produce anything for free (I just hope the same eventually happens for the writer of this :).

I recommend that people read my past blogs and find some of the links I smashed into them. The first couple of months of this I did some great hunting and found comic scripts online , submission guidelines, formatting tips, and a shitload of other stuff.

In the end though, I am here to stay, blogging away like a mad fiend trying to gain a little exposure for myself, for others, and just practicing writing things. If you like what I say, please send the link to someone that likes comics, or writing, or the mad morning ramblings of someone with the brain of a half-dead monkey.

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment