Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Alec: The Years Have Pants by Eddie Campbell


If you have an extra fifty dollars sitting around I would recommend using it on Alec: The Years Have Pants (A Life-Sized Omnibus) by Eddie Campbell. The book is an amazing little (over 600 pages) hardcover that tracks Mr. Campbell's life and career from the beginning until 2008. I've been reading this book continually for the past four weeks, and have often found myself laughing, annoyed, learning something, annoyed, marveling at something.

Eddie portrays himself as a huge drinker and one-time womanizer, a broke cartoonist, an up-an-coming cartoonist, a cartoonist whom has had moderate success, and a husband and dad.

If you've ever read a bio comic, good chances are someone that was writing it was influenced in part by this body of work.

I could go on, but I think the edition speaks for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment