Saturday, April 2, 2011

DMZ


I realized that I like Brian Wood quite a lot in the past couple of days. I was reading his new DMZ GN and the characters, situations and what people care about in the book really resonate.

At times it does get a little crazy, and perhaps a bit too preachy, but when his characters sit down and have a conversation over homemade noodles I think that this is not so much fiction as what the world will be like in a certain number of years.

Grim thinking perhaps, but our resources are finite, companies seem to be pumping everything out of our earth at a rate that we cannot fathom, and not a lot of people seem to give a shit.

So today, for me, get some seeds of your favorite plant, and plant them in a pot. Raise them and sometime during the summer you will get to harvest something that you have made. YAY! Food from home.

Enough preaching.

MArtin

No comments:

Post a Comment