Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I'm Making Comics - 2nd Issue Is Done

I know I've cried from the hills, coming soon, coming soon. Our comic is here, our comic is here. And now I'm sitting in the library writing a blog post because my internet is down, but I have the comic is done. I repeat, the comic is done, our second issue is cranked and ready to go, and my fucking internet is on the blitz. As much as I want to do this or that, or get my pages ready so that I can deliver this issue to you, I cannot until the Bell people come to my house tonight and reattach things. I can't do anything, my hands are tied and I hate my internet provider with all of my being.

So, technology is awesome, but I hate the fucking thing just as much as I don't.

But I was just walking down my street and I was thinking, I'm making comics, I am making a book that I can be proud of. Sure there is some cheesy dialogue, and sure there are some things that will not quite make sense, but the entertainment and crazy ideas and production value are all there. And the art is beautiful. I can stand our comic up beside a whole bunch of them and say "This is mine and it doesn't suck." My esteemed brother was nice enough to say that our comic is better then a whole swack that came out in the 90s, and I have to agree. My plot makes some sort of sense in the end.

I'm excited. I'm so excited to hear what you guys out there have to say about how our second issue is, and I'm so excited when I think about issue 3 and 4 that are in production.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, German Ponce is destroying all of my expectations with his artwork, and Alfredo Rodriguez is pounding out color art that is numbing my senses.

That said I am downloading the high-res art as we speak. Time to go home and do some work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment