Monday, September 26, 2011

New York City

I'm headed to New York this weekend coming. In the past couple of weeks New York has been bombarded by Hurricane winds, had some peaceful protesters arrested, and has played Spider-Man the musical to non-critical response for awhile.

My wife and I have been married for three months and this is our three night honeymoon trip and I can't wait for it. I've been to NYC about a handful of times, but each time I expect to see the FF sign burning in the sky, Spider-Man resting in a nest full of webbing underneath one of the deco archways of a skyscraper, Woody Allen walking down the street, Seinfeld sitting at a diner, any number of NYC conventions. But this trip is all about the boobs, with a smattering of male bits on the side. Y'see my wife is a burlesque performer that goes by the name of Rubie LaFramboise, on the stage and this trip is primarily to take in the New York Burlesque Festival. So, we'll be two nights in Brooklyn and one night in NYC watching tassles fly and enjoying the hell out ourselves.

I am so looking forward to getting out of Toronto and just having a couple of days with my wife, to look in her eyes and enjoy her laughter. Sigh.

When is Thursday gonna get here?

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment