Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sexy Time Comics


The hot topic of the new DC universe, the one that I am not reading, is the sexy times portrayed in two books, Red Hood and the Outlaws, and Catwoman. I have not read either of the books in question, but it appears as though Batman and Catwoman had three pages of sexy times, and that Starfire just wanted to have sex with everyone.

My response to this is...so fucking what. I am going to probably lose some respect here, but I don't really care at this point in the morning. People have sex people. A quarter of our population is doing something with their genitals at this moment. Sexy times exist.

Comments I have read on this topic complain about the fact that Starfire was a strong character before and now she is a bimbette. Okay, maybe that is the fact, I haven't read it. I think that a sexually active woman would have sex with two men because she feels like it. I've known woman like that and still know woman like that, but I'm not going to name any names at the moment.

Another thing. Batman has sex with about twelve woman on a rotating basis and Bruce Wayne always has a rotating girlfriend. Same goes for Iron Man. Having one woman being sexual is not a bad thing, it is somewhat realistic.

This is what pisses me off about some of the fans (I am one of those), is that they expect the people in these magazines to be chaste and perfect. Three pages of Catwoman and Batman may be a bit much, but Guillem March is known for his cheesecake art, and DC is trying to do things a bit differently. For as many people complain about that scene that are another twenty that have it framed.

People have sex people. Run in terror.

1 comment: