Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I Read Some Comics


Atomic Robo. I love this title. Clevinger and Wegener have not let me down with The Ghost of Station X #3, this title started on an endorphin kick and has just gotten crazier and crazier. You have chain guns, Robo vs. an army of ????, and just plain crazy thoughts plotted together in a great way. Wegener's art is kicking some major ass lately, and this might be my favorite issue that he has ever drawn. Don't know what this is? But it and own it.

Nick Spencer gets two books on my list. Ultimate X-Men is doing something right again, it is shocking and relevant and is what I want from an X-Men comic. I could care less about all the other titles, this is a contained universe that is only ever going to be one title. Thanks Marvel for making a universe of three titles that I can buy. Morning Glories continues with an issue that seems a little like filler, and I have to say if answers don't start coming soon I am going to drop this title like I dropped lost. Bait after bait after bait just doesn't do it for me. Ya hear me Mr. Spencer?

Scott Snyder got me on two titles this week as well. Atilla Futaki is a revelation. His art is so incredible and creepy and horrid and well paced and I adore it. Couple that with Snyder's tale and I think this is the first North American horror title that has actually given me shivers. Batman by Snyder and Capullo is wonderful. This Owl fellow is a great villain and Batman seems to have been thrown by the fact that Gotham has been hiding secrets from him. And Capullo was built for a title like this. His landscapes are gorgeous, his superhero action is incredible and his character moments are perfect.

Finally, Victor Kalvachev's Blue Estate is so much fun. Who is going to die? Who is going to live? What horrible thing is going to happen to these completely likable horrid characters? This is a mindfuck of a plot and you can never tell what is going to happen next. And the rotating artists always deliver. Always.

Very happy with this weeks periodicals.

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment