Wednesday, April 4, 2012

In the mouth of madness

Yesterday I put the finishing touches on my book. I am going to put a couple of more quotes on the back from various news sources, but other than that, it is done. Now, because I am a regular man and not an epic god of a man, there were a lot of mistakes in the formatting that I had to clear up, and that took me hours and hours to finish. Re-sizing, formatting, numbering, re-sizing, formatting, lettering. It was the most insane amount of work that I have done in a long time, and the most tedious shit I have ever done. I almost went insane. No joking.

But that is done, and I will never have to do it again. Things to avoid: 1. Your computer blowing up. Because you don't want to have to transfer all your files to another computer. 2. Going from any newer version of Adobe to an older version of Adobe. It makes editing the pages you have already done fucking horrible. 3. Lettering format. Understand how to place the pages properly. There is a reason for the trim and bleed, so you don't look like an idiot when you finally get things printed. 4. Sizing. Make sure all your pages are the same fucking size, because you don't want to have to go back and do it all over again. 5. Have a numbering system in place for the pages so that you don't have to go back and re-number everything because that fucking sucks.

Now, the marketing and other things has to lock itself into place. I have a short script to write, some posters to make, some grassroots marketing has to take place, I need to re-think my distribution model. I always leap into the ring without knowing what the fuck is going on, and find myself in the ring with a mutate of a bull with rockets coming out its ass, and rockets firing from its horns. I have taking to saying that my learning curve is so fucking extreme that I often find myself in zero g.

But will this all be worth it when I have the book in my hands. YES. And is it worth it when a review comes in and they aren't saying that it is the worst thing they have ever read. YES.

So, I put my head down, learn my lesson and plow through whatever obstacles come my way. You got it, this is the way of my family, take a hurdle and fucking explode that fucker so you don't have to struggle over it.

Thanks for listening,

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment