Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday - Statement of Artistic Integrity

There are days when I wonder about what will happen after Foreign Matter, after about four years in this industry. I think I'll have to take a break from this, pay back some of the money I've spent and just write some short stories for willing artists and possibly start a novel while I work on my artwork.

I would like to say that I'll have broken into some paid work by then, but I'm not holding my breath. I love working with someone, I love comics, but the reality of my dreams is ever present. I sacrifice for Foreign Matter with the amounts of time and money that I put into this book, but this is a bucket list item. 

I realize why so many comics go unfinished and why so many people don't get to the finish line, it is hard work doing two jobs at once, or four jobs at once.

That said, I am living a dream, I am making something out of nothing with an artist whom I adore. Every tough day I have, every moment I doubt myself, is a moment that tives me the energy to finish what I have started. And you know what, I am so damn proud of the work I do and have done.

I know that I am an artist now, a writer, and I know that I have the strength to pull off anything.

That strength isn't something you can buy, it is somerthing you have to earn.

Thanks

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment